BELMAR — Mayor Gerald Buccafusco announced at Tuesday night’s council meeting that the electrical repair work that was required to resolve safety concerns at the Hook and Ladder firehouse has been completed.
“We are happy to say that the electrical work has been completed,” Mayor Buccafusco said during the workshop discussion at the start of the meeting. “The DPW [Department of Public Works] is doing patchwork and painting as we speak, it might actually be completed.”
Additionally, the mayor said, the previously nonfunctioning fume exhaust system, which he explained to be the system that gets hooked up to the emergency vehicles in order to exhaust diesel fumes, has also been repaired.
“The other issue that had come about in our discussions was the fume exhaust system that was not operational,” he said. “I’m happy to say that that has been fixed and we’ve eliminated another threat to the health and safety of the firefighters and staff.”
This is an excerpt of the print article. For more on this story, read The Coast Star—on newsstands Thursday or online in our e-Edition.
Subscribe today! If you're not already an annual subscriber to The Coast Star, get your subscription today! For just $38 per year, you will receive local mail delivery weekly, with pages and pages of local news and online access to our e-edition on Starnewsgroup.com.