MANASQUAN — An ordinance reducing speed limits to 25 mph on several Manasquan roads was approved at the Monday, Nov. 20, borough council meeting.
The new speed limit is being imposed on the following streets, which have had limits of 30 or 35 mph:
• Abe Voorhees Drive [Old Squan Plaza] from the west side of Route 71 [Union Avenue] to South Street [County Road 20]
• Main Street from a point 100 feet west of the center of South Street [County Road 20] to the center of Wyckoff Avenue • Ocean Avenue, entire length
• Stockton Lake Boulevard from North McClellan Avenue to North Potter Avenue
• Brielle Road from the Brielle-Manasquan Borough corporate Line to First Avenue
• East Main Street from Wyckoff Avenue to First Avenue
• North Main Street from Sea Girt Avenue to a point at Main Street 100 feet west of the center of South Street [County Road 20]
• Stockton Lake Boulevard from Route 71 [Parker Avenue] to North McClellan Avenue; and the entire length of Third Avenue.
For more on this story, read The Coast Star—on newsstands Thursday or online in our e-Edition.